Step Up Your STBBI Clinical Care!
For over 10 years, Saskatchewan has had the highest annual rate of new HIV and hepatitis C (HCV) diagnoses in the country. The province now has one of the fastest growing rates of syphilis infections in Canada. This is resulting in an urgent need to educate primary care providers how to recognize, test, treat and manage these sexually transmitted and blood borne infections (STBBI) in their clinics, and when to consult or refer to a specialist.
In response, USask CME is pleased to offer the new STBBI Treatment Education Program for Saskatchewan (STEPS). This program is intended for primary care physicians, family medicine residents, nurse practitioners, and registered nurses working in Saskatchewan. Other allied health care professions providing care to patients living with, or at risk of acquiring, STBBIs are also welcomed to participate.
This program has received an educational grant or in-kind resources from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health.
For more information contact the STEPS Program Coordinator, Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming Soon! Winter and Spring 2023 Presentations and Dates
Fall 2022 Presentations
E-mail email@example.com to request past recordings.
- September 28, 2022 | 6:00pm-7:00pm | Rupeena Purewal MD, FRCPC
- October 13, 2022 | 6:30pm-8:300pm | Alex Wong MD, FRCPC
- October 20, 2022 | 6:30pm-8:30pm |Alex Wong MD, FRCPC
Attending this presentation meets the education recommendation for physicians and nurse practitioners to be added to SK Drug Plan as a Designated DAA Prescriber for Saskatchewan.
Attending all 4 HIV Virtual Classroom presentations meets the education recommendation for physicians and nurse practitioners to be added to SK Drug Plan as a Designated ARV Prescriber for Saskatchewan.Approaches to Care for a Newly Diagnosed Patient Living with HIV in Saskatchewan
- November 8, 2022 | 5:00pm-7:00pm| Larissa Kiesman MD, CCFP & Kristin Dunn
- November 10, 2022 | 5:00pm-7:00pm|Beverly Wudel MD, FRCPC
- November 15, 2022 | 5:00pm-7:00pm|Beverly Wudel MD, FRCPC
- November 17, 2022 | 5:00pm-7:00pm|Beverly Wudel MD, FRCPC