Information for Assessors
Physicians who wish to be Assessors should contact the SIPPA Coordinator for more information.
The Assessors primary duties are:
- Orientation of the candidate to the CFA site including local and regional healthcare services.
- Provision of exposure to clinical situations as appropriate for the purpose of assessment of candidates (ambulatory/clinic, ER, hospital in-patient ward and long term care).
- Assess candidate’s practice readiness at the level of A CANADIAN TRAINED FAMILY PHYSICIAN ENTERING PRACTICE.
- Assess candidate’s basic communication ability.
- Record evaluation of candidate performance on the applicable report forms during the assessment.