NRP Provider Course in Saskatoon
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Provider Course Saturday, July 6, 2019
Clinical Learning Resource Centre (CLRC) Academic Health Sciences Building
University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon.
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) provides health care professionals with the knowledge and skills of neonatal resuscitation. Participants complete an
Who Can Take NRP?
Registration Fee: $300.00 (GST exempt)
The registration fee covers the cost of the interactive workshop.
It does not include the cost of the manual or On-line exam.
Workshop Fee: $300.00
Participants are responsible for obtaining the 7th edition NRP Provider Manual. Employees of the SHA can access the digital copy of the Manual at no charge. Further details are provided in the confirmation letter sent following registration for the course.
The NRP Provider Manual can also be purchased from the Canadian Pediatric Society at https://bookstore.cps.ca/stock/neonatal-resuscitation-program
Online: REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE HERE
Please note: Registration closes June 25, 2019
Phone: The Centre for Continuing and Distance Education at the University of Saskatchewan
At the completion of this
Participants are required to successfully complete the NRP
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program consists of three components:
• Self-study of the 7th ed. (2016) Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation
• Successful completion of the NRP On-line exam taken in the 30-day period immediately prior to attendance at the NRP Interactive Workshop. Your confirmation letter will provide details on accessing the On-line exam
• Attendance at the 1-day interactive workshop which includes skills stations, an Integrated Skills Station Assessment (previously called the Megacode) and a Team-based simulation & debriefing.
The course is based on the 7th ed. (2016) Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation by the American Academy of Pediatrics / American Heart Association and the Canadian Addendum and Canadian Medications Table by the Canadian Pediatric Society. Participants are expected to read the course materials prior to the course. The Canadian Addendum and Medication Table can be found on the CPS NRP Provider Resources webpage at: www.cps.ca/en/nrp-prn/provider-resources
Options for obtaining the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation include:
• Access to the digital copy through the Saskatchewan Health Authority On-line Library for SHA employees and physicians. Details are included in the Confirmation letter
• Purchase from the Canadian Pediatric Society. To access the CPS book order form go to https://bookstore.cps.ca/stock/neonatal-resucitation-program or Phone 613-526-9397 (ext. 221) or Fax 613-526-3332. (Please allow several weeks for delivery)
• A limited number of copies are also available at the University of Saskatchewan Book Store. The Textbook may also be ordered from www.amazon.ca including Kindle edition. Please ensure you purchased the 7th edition.
Continuing Education Credits:
Physicians: The Neonatal Resuscitation Program has been pre-approved by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for two (2) Mainpro+ Group Learning credits per hour of class time.
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada has approved NRP for Maintenance of Certification. Participants are eligible for Section 2 - two (2) credits per hour of class time, and Section 3 -
three (3) credits/hour up to 10 hrs. for the online exam.
Health care professionals can include their participation in the NRP as part of their Regulatory Body Continuing Competency Requirements.
Physicians can apply to the Continuing Medical Education Fund of the Saskatchewan Medical Association for costs associated with continuing medical education courses and materials. Further information can be found by contacting the SMA Office at 1-306-244-2196, 1-800-667-3781 or email@example.com.
For Information Regarding the NRP Provider Program:
Roxanne Laforge, RN, MS
Perinatal Education Program
Continuing Medical Education, College of Medicine
Continuing Education & Development for Nurses, College of Nursing
University of Saskatchewan
Phone: (306) 966-7792
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Cancellations must be received in writing 2 weeks prior to course and will be subject to a $60.00+GST administration fee. Refunds will NOT be considered within the two-week period preceding the course. The University of Saskatchewan, Division of Continuing Medical Education reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course due to insufficient registration or circumstances beyond our control. This course may be cancelled prior to the course date. Each registrant will be notified with a full refund following. Continuing Medical Education, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any other costs including, but not limited to, airline or hotel penalties. Continuing Medical Education cannot accept registration substitutions.
Perinatal Education Program