To be eligible to apply for the International Medical Graduate (IMG) Support Program, you must be:
- ineligible to apply for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS);
- living in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident (status granted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada);
- a newcomer to Canada (immigrated within the last five (5) years);
- an International Medical Graduate (undergraduate medical degree from a non-Canadian accredited school);
There are additional requirements to apply for Stream 2: Clinical Education and Assessment Program. Applicants must have:
- passed the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Exam (MCCQE Part I);
- passed the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) exam;
- met the English Language Proficiency requirements as outlined by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan;
- met all requirements as outlined by CaRMS for their chosen residency program.
*Requirements may change based on University of Saskatchewan, CaRMS, and/or CPSS requirements.