Patient-Centered Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care (PPP) Mini-Fellowship
CANCELLED | MAY 1 - 3, 2020
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, CME, in consultation with leadership in the College of Medicine, is postponing all in person events until the end of June. Please call (306)966-5539 for refund inquiries. If you have any questions, please call a CME team member at (306)966-7787. The office of CME remains committed to your safety and providing a safe environment for our learners.
Join Continuing Medical Education in Saskatoon for The REACH Institute’s Patient-Centered Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care (PPP) Mini -Fellowship. This innovative program increases clinicians' comfort with assessing, diagnosing, and treating pediatric mental health concerns.
- A dynamic three-day, 15-hour interactive course focused on building skills and confidence in diagnosing and treating pediatric behavioral health problems.
- A six-month, case-based distance-learning program. Participants join 12 bi-monthly, 1 hour group conference calls with local primary care and child/adolescent psychiatry experts to learn how to manage pediatric mental health issues encountered in daily practice.
All participants will receive custom-designed toolkits with guides, assessment instruments, dosing and side effect charts, medication comparison tables, and handouts for patients and parents.
In order to effectively use medications for pediatric behavioral health problems, participants learn to:
- Correctly identify and differentiate among pediatric behavioral health problems such as childhood depression, ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxiety states (including PTSD), oppositional and conduct disorders, and psychosis.
- Effectively manage psychopharmacology: selecting medications, initiating and tapering dosages, monitoring improvements, and identifying and minimizing medication side effects.
- Create and implement a treatment plan by mobilizing existing resources like family members, school personnel, and other professional caregivers.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development.
This activity is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program (Section 3) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Calgary Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 79.50 Mainpro+ credits.
Upcoming Program Dates:
May 1-3, 2020.
Registration will be open soon.
For further information, please contact Jessica Wylie, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
University of Saskatchewan
Continuing Medical Education, College of Medicine