Older Adults Conference 2020
Saturday, March 28, 2020 - SAVE THE DATE
The Older Adults 2020 conference is an inter-professional conference focusing on providing high-quality care to older adults and will discuss pertinent issues such as assessing for and managing cognitive impairment, strategies for aging well in place, and the importance of connected care and patient engagement. The target audience for the conference includes, but is not limited to, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, social workers, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other professionals who work with and support older adults in acute, community or long term care, in urban, rural and remote locations.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Identify and discuss the types of tools available for cognitive assessment and how to use them.
- Discuss the importance of social connectivity and physical activity in aging well.
- Explain narrative based care as a strategy to ensure patients are at the centre of their own care, while identifying achievable, patient led goals.
- Explain the importance the connected care strategy for older adults.
- Discuss the importance of healthcare provider wellness in providing high-quality patient care, and identify strategies to facilitate ongoing wellness for healthcare professionals.
Registration Fee (+ GST)
Regular Fees – February 14, 2020-March 27, 2020
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Continuing Medical Education Division and the Health Sciences Continuing Education Group, University of Saskatchewan for up to 6.0 credit hours.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada: This Group Learning Program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Continuing Medical Education Division and Health Sciences Continuing Education Group, University of Saskatchewan for up to 6.0 Mainpro+ credits.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Participation in this conference may be included as part of the continuing education and competence programs established by individual professional associations.